Cadillac

LEILANI11
  • 1998 CADILLAC SEVILLE

How do you take off a motor mount on a 1998 cadillac seville

Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 8:22 PM

You have to undo the frame mount bolt/nut, raise teh engine up and undo the bolts onthe engine. Make sure the engine is secured when up so it doesn't crush your hands. Reverse procedure to install.

Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 8:47 PM
LEILANI11

I have taken out the bolts conected to the engine and the 3 bolts
conected to mount and and it is loose, the engine is jacked up and I don't have enough room to get it out is is loose I just need about3/4
in to get it out.

-1
Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 9:26 PM

You may have to loosen one or both of the other mounts from the frame as well to get enough room.

Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 9:31 PM
LEILANI11

I have untightened the bolts on the other mounts and I still don't have enough room to get the motor mount

Saturday, January 29th, 2011 AT 5:02 AM
FACTORYJACK

This may help, I will start from square one. With the vehicle raised, or at least the front end, remove the front two subframe bolts and let the frame hang. You will want to remove the 10mm bolt for the bracket that secures the lines to the frame, and obviously the mount nut. Remove the two upper bolts that secure the mount bracket to the front cylinder head, the lower bracket nuts, the brace that runs from the mount to the trans, and the lower bracket studs(using an E-torx). The mount and bracket should be loose. The next part I will try and detail as much as possible. What I do, is pry the frame down and insert a deep socket, or equivalent between the frame and body, and lift up on the front of the engine creating as much space as possible, so that when I lift up on the mount, the long lower stud clears the frame. Rotate the mount/bracket clockwise, as to withdraw the upper part of the bracket from the opening first, and then manipulate the brake lines and such to pull the mount and bracket through. Replace the mount, and reinstall in reverse, not tightening any fasteners until the lower studs are in and tight. Hope this helps.

+1
Saturday, January 29th, 2011 AT 5:34 AM
LEILANI11

We don't see any brake lines in our way of taking the motor mount out.

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 AT 1:16 AM

The brake lines are connected to the subframe where the motor mount connects. It's for the abs unitthat leads to the front wheels.

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 AT 1:23 AM
LEILANI11

We already tied down the brake lines, so they are not in our way. And we still can't get it out.

-1
Sunday, January 30th, 2011 AT 11:56 PM

You'll have to disonnect the other motor mounts just like gstacey gave you theinstructions to get it out. They aren't easy.

Monday, January 31st, 2011 AT 12:53 AM
FACTORYJACK

Where does the holdup seem to be, get a little descriptive in what step you are held up on. You should not have to loosen any other engine mounts. The two mounts at the belt end, and trans end are mounted to the body, and will actually lower the powertrain increasing the difficulty.

Monday, January 31st, 2011 AT 4:36 AM
LEILANI11

Now I need to know how to flush a rack and pinion system.

Monday, February 7th, 2011 AT 11:30 PM
FACTORYJACK

Was this on a recommendation from your car care professional? Flushing the power steering system is not an absolute requirement, unless there has been some catastrophic failure of a pump or gear, or there has been the wrong fluid introduced. Basically, flushing it involves removing fluid from the reservoir, adding fluid and running the system turning the steering lock to lock about 20 times, and repeating the process. Be careful not to drain the reservoir too low with it running, as you will pull air into the system. Once air is in the system, it gets churned up fast. The result is noise, in some systems it is difficult to get the air removed.

Tuesday, February 8th, 2011 AT 5:30 AM
LEILANI11

That's done now where is the radiator sensor on a 2000 Cadillac De ville.

Monday, April 25th, 2011 AT 10:21 PM

You must mean an engine coolant temp sensor. Here's a pic

Monday, April 25th, 2011 AT 10:31 PM
LEILANI11

Thank YOu

Monday, April 25th, 2011 AT 10:36 PM
LEILANI11

I finished all that, now I need to know why the starter takes about
10 sec to release from the flywheel, only in the morning when the engine is cold the rest of the day it's fine. 2000 cad sls

-1
Monday, January 30th, 2012 AT 5:18 PM

It may not be shimmed correctly, otherwise it may be sticking due to some type of lube on the starter drive.

Monday, January 30th, 2012 AT 8:24 PM

Oops made a mistake, that doesnt' take shims. The drive may be sticking, but it's under the intake so if you can live with it then do it.

Monday, January 30th, 2012 AT 8:29 PM
LEILANI11

How do I remove an intake manifold on a 2000 cadillac seville sls?

Tuesday, February 7th, 2012 AT 7:43 PM
RIVERMIKERAT

ENGINE MECHANICAL - 4.6L V8 -2000 Cadillac Seville SLS
Page 1 of 1
INTAKE MANIFOLD

Removal

Disconnect negative battery cable. Relieve fuel system pressure. See FUEL
RELEASE. Remove 2 nuts from intake manifold sight shield. Remove sight shield from engine. Disconnect coil module connectors. Disconnect PCV valve and fresh air tube from camshaft
cover. Disconnect fuel regulator vacuum tube. Disconnect fuel inlet and return quick-connect fittings at fuel rail. Disconnect fuel rail bracket retaining nut at rear lift bracket.
Remove 2 push nuts securing engine coolant heater wire, and position aside (if equipped). Carefully position aside generator coolant pipe/surge tank pipe from fuel rail studs. Disconnect
electrical connectors from fuel injectors.
Remove bolts attaching fuel rail onto intake manifold. Lift entire fuel rail and injector assembly from intake manifold. Loosen plenum duct clamp at rear of intake manifold. Remove bolts
attaching intake manifold onto cylinder heads. Using an upward lifting motion at front of manifold, remove intake manifold.
PRESSURE
1.
2.
3.
Installation

CAUTION: If throttle body was removed, Do not reuse old "O" ring seal. Do not apply silicone lubricant to "O" ring seal.
NOTE:
Gaskets are secured onto intake manifold with a snap lock. If plastic
housing or rubber seals are not damaged, reuse gaskets.
If throttle body was removed, position NEW throttle body "O" ring seal (coated with petroleum jelly) onto throttle body. Install intake manifold. Tighten intake manifold bolts to specification in several
phases (start with inner bolts and work outward). See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure.

2/9/2012

Friday, February 10th, 2012 AT 12:07 AM