I HAVE A CADILLAAC NORTHSTAR OVERHEATING?

1998 Cadillac Deville

ashleyhenry1986

February, 26, 2012 AT 7:12 PM

Okay it's weird. My dad had got the car from a good friend of his. When he first was testing it out the first day it ran hot but when he cleared out the glove box it was fine.3 weeks later I bought it after him checking it out and 1 week after I got it. It ran hot on me going to my dads. Now I had went like 20 to 30 miles one directiong sometimes longer. Well we figures since it has a bran new water pump and fans we changed the thermostat. It was fine after that. Drove for about a week. And then on my way home ran hot on me again. Coolant light never came on before this so there is no leak. Ran hot so it boiled the water out. Okay someone stopped and helped us and we put water in it and temperature was fine the whole rest of the way home. The next day fine to. Went a long distance to lafayette and back which is like 20 to 30 miles there and the same back. Never ran hot back and forth to work for 2 days never ran hot. Check the coolant levels before I leave and it was fine. On my way back home last night ran hot again on me. After we put water in it was fine. Today fine. Can anyone help me.

ashleyhenry1986

February, 26, 2012 AT 7:17 PM

The heads have been checked and are good. Everyone that I talk to tends to seem thats is the problem being that it is a northstar engine but they nhave been checked

fixitmr

February, 26, 2012 AT 8:34 PM

Has system been pressure tested?

fixitmr

February, 26, 2012 AT 8:35 PM

Exhaust gas tested?

cadieman

February, 26, 2012 AT 8:41 PM

How did u check the heads?They sell a kit that sniffs the coolant for hydocarbons in the coolant. To check the heads. Is it low when u check it after driving?Does it seam to boil out of the coolant jug?

ashleyhenry1986

February, 26, 2012 AT 9:34 PM

The water is not low. And they checked it with that tube looking thing. It does seem like it's boiling out of the jug. There was a leak and it was fixed. The leak was where the water hose hooked to the radiator. But theres no more leek

cadieman

February, 27, 2012 AT 10:03 PM

The heads should have been check

cadieman

February, 27, 2012 AT 10:11 PM

You needed to rebuild the heads before u put them on.

Northstartech

May, 13, 2012 AT 9:11 PM

You need head gaskets! Call me I can help. 610-529-1346 -Jim

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage