02 SENSOR FAILURE THOUGH CAR RAN OK NOW CAR IS LOUD AND VIBRATES AT ANY ACCELRATION OVER 1500 RPM

• Miguel777
  • 1997 Volvo 850

Poor College student Purchased

a 1997 Volvo 850 Base sedan

109,061 readable odometer
(Odometer and tripometer froze)

car runs GOOD

1 WEEK LATER car was running ok accept for po410 indicator engages

PO135 Failure detected when hooked up to diagnostic machine to elctronic computer port inside console at auto parts store

2 months later

NOW since has gotten very LOUD after 1500 RPM in the exhaust area, its annoying I can feel vibration on my left side of my body from butt to head so much so bones in my skull through my left ear when driving unless a roll down both driver and passenger windows.

if kept at 1500 or less it stops

when I say nasty loud its like it has headers it doesnt have and sounds really shitty.

I couldnt afford the o2 sensor to relplace it after I just shelled out thousands for the car and let it go though have changed the fluids Oil and transmission with castrol gtx high mileage 10w-30 and used atf 3 same castrol high mileage formula group.

what is the issue and how much will this cost in replcement parts or adjustments. To car as is.

Monday, May 21st, 2012 AT 7:19 PM

• rasmataz

Dunno the cost due to it varies with location/Have the AIR pump and check valve checked for the P0410

Monday, May 21st, 2012 AT 8:22 PM