Question no

ANONYMOUS
  • 1997 TOYOTA RAV4

Question no.1: there is a slight exhaust noise, but I can't tell what is causing that. If I decide to replace the muffler, can I do away with the resonator?

question no. 2: I previously asked a question about EGR code detected. One technician replied asking what the code was. I did not reply because I cleared the code and I have to wait for next time it shows up. I was reluctant to go ahead and replace the egr valve, and my thinking was well-founded and I later discovered from another website that the culprit for the egr code was 99% of the time the VSV(?), It's an electric part that't connected to the egr valve. I don't have a vacuum pump or an ohmmeter to do some testing. I was thinking to replace the electric part, it 's located near the passenger's side wheel well in a hard to reach place.

Saturday, November 24th, 2012 AT 11:36 PM