NO TAIL LIGHTS BRAKE LIGHTS ONLY ON IF HEADLIGHTS ARE ON

1997 Toyota Corolla

TJ69

December, 28, 2011 AT 11:30 PM

I have no tail lights at all and my brake lights will only come on if the headlights are on and then they stay on until the headlights are turned off. I have checked all fuses none were blown but replaced them anyway. Ive replace the brake sensor on the brake pedal to no avail. You can pull the fuse for my brake lights (stop lamps is what I think it is listed as) and turn on the headlights and I have brake lights. I can't drive the car at night and the few times that I have driven it during the day Ive had to "manually" turn on my brake lights to let you know that I was slowing down or stopping, Ive noticed those few times that when my brake pedal is depressed my radio light fades. Any ideas as to what the problem is and how to fix it?

December, 28, 2011 AT 11:34 PM

Check the light failure sensor-the circuits goes thru the sensor before it gets to the lights

Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet