WET FLOORS

1997 Pontiac Grand Am

msrobinson419

March, 12, 2011 AT 10:43 PM

My carpet in my car keeps getting wet, I try and dry it but the next day it is soaking wet again. Both front and back carpets.

paulie6

March, 12, 2011 AT 10:53 PM

Are you having to put coolant in it could be heater core it under dash and if leaking it would soak your floor on passenger side

fixitmr

May, 27, 2011 AT 6:10 AM

That's a big leak? What was it?

luckyluc

September, 23, 2012 AT 9:49 PM

I found the solution to my 94 grand am, with wet carpets and blower freezing up in winter.

The water is coming in by the blower because the drain holes are plugged with leaves. There are 2 drain holes under the plastic grill under the windshield. The problem one is under the ventilator on the passenger side.

The hole to the right of the ventilator is deceiving; it actually goes under the plastic box and goes deep. When the leaves plug the hole, water rises beyond the blower and goes down the vent to the carpet.

I remove the plastic grill, then the hood. 3 screws hold down the plastic vent box. Then I use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the debris.

Check it with water it must come out into the engine compartment.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement