3.8 TURNS OVER BUT WONT START

1997 Pontiac Bonneville

2CarPros-Archives

October, 22, 2010 AT 10:15 PM

1997 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8 mileage 125,000. My wife was driving our car, when at a stoplight our car stalled. She could not start it again.&Nbsp; The problem I am having is the car is turning over but it will not start! I've tried several different techniques such as checking battery cables and terminals, checking spark plugs for spark, I've replaced the crankshaft sensor, and I replaced the 3-pack coil that sits on top of the ignition module, but come to find out that that was not the problem, so I returned the part for my money back. Tomorrow I am going to change my spark plugs just in case, but if that does not start it, I am lost. I will probably take it to a shop for a diagnostic test if all else fails. I would greatly appreciate it if you could lead me into the right direction.

2CarPros-Archives

October, 22, 2010 AT 10:17 PM

We always scan the computer for trouble codes first. We recommend a scanner that is easy to use and is very inexpensive. Here are some other things to have checked: 1. Check to see if the timing belt/chain has failed, 2. Check for ignition spark at spark plugs, 3. Check for fuel pressure. 4. Check Cylinder compression.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet