1. Drain coolant from radiator and cylinder block.
2. Remove cylinder head front mounting bracket.
3. Loosen water pump pulley bolts.
4. Remove drive belts for power steering pump.
5. Remove water pump pulley.
* When removing water pump assembly, be careful not to get coolant on drive belt.
* Water pump cannot be disassembled and should be replaced as a unit.
6. Remove coolant hoses from water inlet and thermostat housing.
7. Remove water pump bolts.
8. Remove water pump with thermostat housing.
1. Use a scraper to remove liquid gasket from water pump. Also, remove traces of liquid gasket from mating surface of cylinder block.
2. Apply a continuous 2.0 - 3.0 mm (0.079 - 0.118 inch) thick bead of liquid gasket to mating surface of water pump. Use Genuine Liquid Gasket, or equivalent.
3. Reverse removal procedure and fill radiator with coolant and install drive belts.
* Be careful not to spill coolant over engine compartment. Use a rag to absorb excess coolant.
* After installing water pump, connect hoses and clamps securely, then check for leaks using radiator cap tester.
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 1:29 AM