INFRA RED REMOTE .. DOESNOT START CAR...

1997 Mercedes Benz E320

sultanbenz

June, 1, 2012 AT 3:33 PM

I have a 1997 E320 which had some kind of problem with its security mechanich. Initially Remote would not unlock car, I had to enter the car using the front passenger door lock which I've replaced the battery in the remote. Now the remote can open the door but not re sync to car so it doesnot start the car.

When remote is pressed lights on rear view mirror go from red to green and start flashing. When using key in passenger lock only that door will unlock. I've tried the re sync procedure (press remote 2X(car lock & unlock) then place in ignition and start vehicle) many times, checked all fuses under rear seat and hood, but still it won't re-sync and start.

Cant Get A Remote To Work

1 IMAGE

Remote Start

June, 2, 2012 AT 2:41 AM

I NO NOTHING ABOUT YOUR CAR, OTHER THAN THE BASICS

I SAW YOU QUESTION SEVERAL TIMES AS I SOUGHT OUT A JEEP CJ TO ASSIST (THE BEST MACHINE EVER MADE BY MAN, SELDOM SHOWS UP HERE!)

JUST TO MAYBE GET YOU SOMETHING TO GO ON...I FOUND THIS FOR YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RbIJC5xep4

CHANGING MY SEARCH WORDING, OR LOOKING AT THE SUGGESTIONS DOWN THE SIDE OF EACH VIDEO MAY HELP YOU FIGURE OUT YOU ISSUE

SOMETIMES YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT THIS RESOURCE

THIS IS A RESOURCE I 1ST TRIED OUT WHEN I 1ST MOVED INTO MY HOUSE, SOME IDIOT HAD THE GARAGE DOOR TENSION REALLY SCREWED UP....I WAS ABLE TO "HOW TO ADJUST A GARAGE DOOR" AND SAVED MYSELF A GOOD $150, KEEPING THE REPAIRMAN AWAY. YOU CAN "HOW TO" ANYTHING, AND 99% OF THE TIME FIND AN ANSWER

THESE HAVE HELPED ME OUT THE MOST!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF THIS HELPED YOU

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011