BATTERY DRAIN

• Tomlee
  • 1997 Land Rover
  • automatic

I have a 1997 Range Rover HSE 4.6 and something is draining the battery. The 2 year old alternator was coming apart, strings sticking out of it (Bosch brand) and I was told that was the problem as it was shorting out. I had the alternator replaced and something is still draining the battery. The local garage cannot find the problem and when I got the vehicle back from the alternator replacement there were numerous warning lights on and the manual said not to drive it over 35 mph, so it is worse than before the alternator replacement and I have to bring it back for more work. I was also told that a drain on the battery could damage the alternator, is this true. The garage is one we have used for many years and they were always dependable.

Saturday, December 18th, 2010 AT 7:07 PM

• mhpautos

Tell them that they must do a current draw test, they should be able to do this simple test, if not I will advise on the procedure.

Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 9:28 AM