MY CAR WONT START AT ALL

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Anonymous

November, 19, 2012 AT 3:02 PM

My car won't start at all. One day while on the Interstate my car just suddenly stopped. It happened once before but all I did was turn it off and turn it back on and it worked. This time its not the case. Looked online for some of the same problems and found it could be the CrankShaft Sensor so I had it replaced and the car still won't turn on. Lights and everything is working but the engine won't turn over. I was told that my battery had been drained so I thought that could be problem so we tried jump starting it at 18.00 volts. Any ideas of what could be the problem?

hmac300

November, 19, 2012 AT 3:08 PM

Check battery for condition andhave tested at autoparts store. They do it for free. If battery is good check fuses an drelay underhood for starter. It can be neutral safety switch as well. Also befor removing battery have soemone help an dit the body of starter with hammer. If engine turns over tehn you probably have a bad starter. Then scan for codes and check fuelpressure, car doesn't need to start for that.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe