My car kept cutting off while driving so I had.

ANONYMOUS
  • 1997 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
My car kept cutting off while driving so I had the fuel pump replaced now my car stalls when I try to start it. My car has never done this before so I don't know what it could be.
Monday, November 5th, 2012 AT 5:58 AM

If you have a stalling problem, please refer to the following link http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-stalls it will help you.
Monday, November 5th, 2012 AT 6:03 AM
JAY4CARS1
Did you have the fuel filter replaced, and the fuel pump strainer replaced?
Monday, November 5th, 2012 AT 6:04 AM
I am a Jeep CJ kind of guy

I copied this answer from a 1999 cherokee question I answered previously.

I've been here quite some time, I read up on a good bit of the problems dealing with the other jeeps. Many times I have seen a new crankshaft sensor fix the issue (in the forums)

I have a friend in ar, who had the same "Wait 30 min-1 hour" and it would bust off and run.

He's sorta "Tight and lazy", and had his trips measured and stop timed, so that his rig would continue to get him around locally!

I suggested throwing the part at it, before he took it to a shop. His wife managed several apartment complexes and he was "Elected" maintenance man. Only with his mechanical (non-automotive) skills he was able to do this job himself.

Monday, November 5th, 2012 AT 6:27 AM
KMMCMANUS
  • 1997 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
Going down the road normal speed engine starts failing, so I took it to Firestone in Ballentyne, NC. They replaced the map sensor and told me the pcm was bad in it. So I took it to state line Chrysler in fort mill sc they replaced the pcm and the wiring harness it ran fine for a month. Now it is doing what it was doing before I had all that replaced. I have replaced the cam shaft positioning sensor, pick up coil, distributor cap, the coil, and rotor button and it stills runs the same can anyone tell me what is wrong with this jeep and what I can do to fix it please
Wednesday, February 7th, 2018 AT 11:11 PM (Merged)