1997 Honda Accord ignition

ARALLEN2005
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD

My car will not always start when I turn the ignition. It will go for days without any problems and then randomly decides to not turn over and then a day or two later it will work just fine again. The only thing that seems to get it to start when this happens is to keep the key in the acc position and continuously turn it until it finally clicks over. When I took it to the auto shop they didn't do anything for me because they couldn't "replicate the problem" I have been told it could be many things from the alternator, to the ignition switch itself, to electrical problems. I don't have the money to keep taking it to the auto shop and have them tell me they don't know what's wrong with it so any help would be very much appreciated.

Monday, June 3rd, 2013 AT 12:55 PM

ERNESTBRIDGES3

First check the starter relay by switching with the horn relay or one the same size.

Monday, June 3rd, 2013 AT 1:24 PM
KHLOW2008

You need to perform testings to find out the source of the problem and based on symptom, I believe the problem should be with the ignition switch.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-engine-will-not-crank-over

Above link has more information for you.

Monday, June 3rd, 2013 AT 1:31 PM