HEATER AND AIR CONDITIONING.

1997 Honda Accord

lginunas

October, 9, 2013 AT 6:58 PM

My heater and Air Conditioning blow out normal air, it does not change from hot or cold.
I have tried to re-charge the Air Conditioner but I think, I have a leak in the pipes. I have checked the fuses. My thermostat is just on the open position though, so I don't know if that has something to do with the heater and air not working correctly. I don't know what else to do, winter is coming up SOON and if I don't get my heater working then, I will not be able to drive, because I will not be able to defrost my windows and I will not be able to see! Please help me, if you can?
Thank you so much for you time!
Signed,
Leia Ginunas

No Heat

madmike1735

October, 9, 2013 AT 8:12 PM

It sounds like you have a blend door issue. This is the door that seperates your hot air, and your cold air. However before condemning it and pulling out the dash, check your heater hoses to the heater core. There are 2, and they are the only coolant hoses that go through the firewall. Get your engine up to running temp, then feel these heater hoses. One is feed, the other is return. Both should be hot. Lets get you heat for the winter, before we worry about a/c

lginunas

November, 2, 2013 AT 6:50 AM

I am pretty sure I can hear the door that switches the heat to cold air going back and forth. Does the Thermostat have anything to do with your heater?

madmike1735

November, 2, 2013 AT 4:55 PM

Yes the t. Stat could cause no heat. Did you do what I suggested in my last reply?

lginunas

November, 2, 2013 AT 8:01 PM

YES, somewhat. I checked the blend door, it is working just fine, and I didn't even have to pul apart the dash, the hoses look good, but I have no clue what or where the heater core is! Can you direct me to find it please?

madmike1735

November, 2, 2013 AT 8:07 PM

Heater core is in the hvac box located inside your dash. Dont worry about that right now. You need to check the hoses to it. There are 2. They go through the firewall. Big black hoses, one sits above the other. You will know when you see them. One feeds coolant to the heatercore, the other acts as a return. Both need to be hot.

lginunas

November, 3, 2013 AT 1:53 PM

I only know of one and it did not get hot at all. It was a small hose located under-ish the thermostat.

madmike1735

November, 3, 2013 AT 2:02 PM

Sounds like the hose you found is the t. Stat bypass hose. The heater core hoses will be located out of the firewall. There will be 2.

lginunas

November, 3, 2013 AT 5:10 PM

I know for sure it is not the t. Stat hose cause I just changed my t. Stat and had to take that hose off. The hose I am talking about is underneath the t. Stat hose and housing.

lginunas

November, 4, 2013 AT 8:01 PM

Do you know what that hose is, that is under the t. Stat hose?

lginunas

November, 4, 2013 AT 8:21 PM

What is the firewall and where is it located?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe