HOW CAN I ADAPT AN ELECTRICAL CONNECTION TO THE SENSOR PORT OF AN A/C HOSE ASSEMBLY?

1997 GMC Yukon

navyclay

July, 24, 2012 AT 1:51 PM

I'm replacing the A/C hose assembly on a 1997 GMC Yukon without rear A/C. The old part has three ports that come out above the compressor. High pressure, Low pressure, and some electrical port that plugs into a wire assembly. The new part I recieved form the auto parts store has the three ports, but the one where the electrical component should be is just a regular port similar to the high and low ports, only without a cap. The hose assembly for the model with rear A/C has the electrical component I need, but it also has an extra hose that I don't. Removing the electrical portion I need for the old part does not look like an option as it appears to be welded or pressed on. How should I proceed? Is there an adapter part required or is the electrical portion even necessary? Please help. Thanks.

July, 24, 2012 AT 2:22 PM

I think it would be easier to get the correct hose than try and manipulate the hose to fit.

Did they not have the correct hose?

navyclay

July, 24, 2012 AT 3:26 PM

Roy,
The hose they gave me is correct except it's missing an electrical connection at one of the ports on the housing that attaches onto the compressor. I think it's a sensor or a switch, but I'm not sure. It has a port similar to one you would plug a compressed air hose onto rather than an electrical housing for an electrical connector. The images below are the hose with and without rear a/c. The one with rear a/c has the electrical connection needed, but the extra hose that is not. I forgot to metnion that the engine is a replacement of the original so that may be a factor.

saturntech9

July, 24, 2012 AT 3:51 PM

Just to add to this one if the port missing is the one right by where the high pressure switch screws on thats the charge port. Get the hose you cant add the port and make it work. Also change the engine wont effect which hose you have.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement