WILL THE ABS ON A 97 GMC SIERRA PREVENT A HARD PEDAL?

• wrench48657
  • 1997 GMC Sierra

Rr wheel cylnder had blew apart truck had sat for over a year and all the fluid had leaked out, I replaced both wheel cylinders as well as shoes and replaced the master cylinder with a new one now this is the clincher all wheels will bleed out (no air) can hear rhe shoes and the calipers working how ever pedal goes to the floor with very little resistance pulled master cylinder back off rebled and rebled all the lines still no pedal checked push rod its where its supposed to be no evidance of leaks anywhere only thing left unless mt olzimers is acting up is in the abs system which I thought wouldnt keep the pedal from working any ideas?

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 1:04 PM

• Wrenchtech

The ABS won't effect normal braking electronically but air in the system anywhere including the ABS will give you a low pedal and many ABS units require a professional scan tool to bleed internally.

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 1:09 PM