I GOT A 97 THUNDERBIRD WITH A 3

• Anonymous
  • 1997 Ford Thunderbird

I got a 97 Thunderbird with a 3.8. After the car warms up to operating temp. It losses almost all power. It will barely move while in gear. The manifolds r turning red hot. Any ideas? This is what I've done so far. Dropped the exhaust from the manifolds n ran it like that. Thinkn the converters r plugged. Not that. Also changed the coolant temp sensor n pcm too. No luck. And it isn't shootn any codes. Had it hooked up to the modus scanner watchmen the freeze frame n everything seems to be workmen no missfires or faults. Its gettn 40 pounds of fuel pressure.I'm stuck can any one help solve this mistery? Also how can I check the timing without takn it apart. What should the spark advance be at

Monday, February 18th, 2013 AT 3:57 AM

• hmac300

Check yoru compression if low it may have jumped time on the timing chain. Fuel pressure shold be 30-45 psi with key on engine off.

Monday, February 18th, 2013 AT 3:51 PM