THE SPEDO HAS QUIT WORKING ITS NOT THE TRANS ...

1997 Ford Taurus

wayoutthere123

The spedo has quit working its not the trans sender my scan tool tells me how fast I am going but when I pulled the spedo head there are three contact on the top and one lower right now the left top contact is ground and its good I have 12 volts on the middle one and the contact on the right if I put my meter in the ac mode it show voltage the faster I go the higher the reading now the lower right contact does not have a reading I am thinking this goes to the cruse control. So is that all correct and its the spedo head or is there some other test that I can do to make sure? Thanks

blaze45

Try the speedo head. You already have it out and they are not that expensive to replace. If you are getting the proper voltage you need, plus when you hook up your scan tool you can see how fast you are going then it doesn't leave much left.