1997 Taurus GL

JAMISU
  • 1997 FORD TAURUS
When car reaches 45 mph it shakes roughly, like it has went out of time suddenly, torque converter shuttering, or possibly a shift solenoid sticking. Have tested wires, coil, compression and plugs, no dtc's. Fuel economy not suffering from this annoyance. Auto transmission- filter, oil all o.K.
Saturday, June 11th, 2011 AT 12:54 AM

Could be the TCC or shifting solenoids hanging up or valve body etc-Bring it in and have it pressure tested to find out more what's happening
Saturday, June 11th, 2011 AT 4:09 AM
JAMISU
Are any of these on outside of tranny, and what are some nifty tricks to a troubleshootin. We originally thought it was a coil problem but, nay.
Sunday, June 12th, 2011 AT 1:11 AM
You sure its not a tire/s, driveaxles, wheel alignment and suspension problem
Sunday, June 12th, 2011 AT 4:07 PM
JAMISU
Could be. Anything is possible. But this comes and goes at around 45mph if I let off gas shakes worse, reapply gas and increase throttle at same time and it sorta balances itself out and wants to run correctly. Some instances are more severe than others. Where are you located and you and your buddies can pressure tester. The only other thing I can think of is a dirty crankshaft sensor, after reaching a certain rpm it can, t count correctly. Not to change tranny subject but what are the do, s and dont, s of replacing cam and crank sensor on this 97 taurus gl.
Sunday, June 12th, 2011 AT 9:46 PM
You can try the cam and crank sensors-Is the check engine light coming on?
Monday, June 13th, 2011 AT 12:05 AM
JAMISU
Yes the sensors are possiblly not collaborating with one another at this higher speed range. Are any of the tranny solenoids on outside of transmission, like maybe on a firewall. How does a diy pressure test his tranny.
Friday, June 17th, 2011 AT 10:43 PM
All the shifting solnoids are in the transmission attached to the valve body-pressure testing is done by professional tranny shop
Friday, June 17th, 2011 AT 10:47 PM
JAMISU
Can you give me some pointers on removing the valve body and testing the solenoids
Tuesday, July 5th, 2011 AT 10:42 PM