I JUST REPLACED THE HEAD GASGET VALVECOVER ...

1997 Ford Ranger

Anonymous

March, 24, 2013 AT 1:18 AM

I just replaced the head gasget, valvecover gasget, intake manefold gasget exsost manefold gasget, pcv valve, plugs and wires, air filter and now I'am getting oil into my air filter from the pipe that comes from the valve cover to the air filter what could cause this pleas help me.

March, 24, 2013 AT 7:29 PM

THE HOSE IS FRESH AIR FOR THE PCV SYSTEM----NORMALLY THE AIRFLOW IS FROM THE AIR CLEANER TOWARDS THE VALVE COVER

THE PCV SYSTEM MAY NOT BE INSTALLED CORRECTLY / WORKING AS IT SHOULD

THE OTHER POSSIBILITY IS MAJOR CYLINDER OR PISTON RING WEAR----EVEN BROKEN RINGS

THIS WOULD ALLOW COMBUSTION BLOW-BY FROM THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER TO GET INTO THE CRANKCASE--THIS EXTRA "NOT SO GOOD" PRESSURE WOULD BLOW OIL BACK THRU THE FRESH AIR TUBE

A COMPRESSION TEST---OR EVEN A VACUUM GAUGE TEST MIGHT SHOW YOU THE CONDITION OF YOUR ENGINE WITHOUT GOING IN

EVEN THOUGH THIS VIDEO IS BEING USED FOR A CARB IN THIS ONE----IT WILL ALSO WORK WITH A FUEL INJECTED ENGINE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrnzD7PgoHI&;NR=1

HERE'S ANOTHER SITE WITH INFO

http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/186.cfm

I HAVE ONE MOUNTED IN THE DASH OF BOTH OF MY JEEPS----IF YOU STAY "IN TUNE" WITH IT, YOU CAN SORTA LEARN HOW TO SAVE FUEL, BY KEEPING THE NEEDLE READINGS ON THE UPPER END OF THE SCALE. BASICALLY, LEARNING HOW TO OPEN THE THROTTLE EFFICIENTLY UNDER DIFFERENT CONDITIONS

IN ALL ACTUALITY, THIS IS THE "LOW END", AS "GOOD VACUUM" MEANS "LOWER VACUUM" OR "SUCTION"----MEASURED IN "INCHES OF MERCURY"SORTA JUST OPPOSITE OF THIS......AIR PRESSURE IS MEASURED USING "PSI"

BUT MAINLY I INSTALLED THE VACUUM GAUGES TO WATCH AND MAKE SURE MY ENGINE WAS IN TIP TOP SHAPE----AT IDLE, BOTH OF MY JEEPS HOLD A STEADY NEEDLE AT "21 Hg".........WHICH IS BETTER'N PERFECT IN MY BOOK!

KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR FINDINGS

Starter Replacement
Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz