HEATER CONTROL VALVE INSTALLATION

• richard111
  • 1997 Ford Ranger

I installed heater control valve in my 1997 ford ranger xlt 4 cylinder--not sure if installed right--its a 4port-and I have 2ports facing engine on top and 2 ports facing ---outside of truck on bottom--the valve part is facing up toward engine.

Great Site Man !

Saturday, December 17th, 2011 AT 11:38 PM

• rivermikerat

When I look that part up, it appears to be a 2 port.

Sunday, December 18th, 2011 AT 12:08 AM
  • richard111

No its a four port--two hoses fromfirewall and two hoses toward front of truck

Sunday, December 18th, 2011 AT 1:16 AM
  • rivermikerat

I looked it up at Napa. The one they show for your truck is two ports. One in, one out.

Could you retype your whole question then please? It appears that the most important parts of it were cut off.

Sunday, December 18th, 2011 AT 5:19 AM
  • richard111

Its a 1997 ford ranger xlt 2.3 sohc 8 valve----a 4port heater control valve---need to know if the valve part of the part faces up or dowm--there are 2 hoses connected on to toward engine and 2 hoses om bottom toward outside--not sure if if that is correct--should the valve part face up or down

Sunday, December 18th, 2011 AT 2:42 PM
  • rivermikerat

I can't picture that vehicle in my mind right now. Normally, the movable arm on the valve is visible from the top. Look at the bulkhead where it mounts, can you see an outline of the bracket?

Sunday, December 18th, 2011 AT 7:01 PM
  • richard111

It is mounted about halway between radiater and firewall under the air intake parts on left side of engine --only mounted bt hoses out of firewall and hoses from front of truck---but moveable arm is facing up and on side close to engine-and visible from top--i am getting heat and all seems to be working fine--just love my little truck and want to make sure correct---had old part sitting like it should be but bumbed it and it moved so thats why not sure if new one is on correct----my little truck got ya stumped huh?--I have yet to see a ranger like mine xlt step side yet with the 4 cylinder engine--had it 3 yeaRS 135 thousand miles --and no trouble yet--knock on wood!

Sunday, December 18th, 2011 AT 7:14 PM
  • rivermikerat

An ex-gf has one. But haven't seen her or the gf since 07. :D

Almost all of the heater control valves I've ever seen have had the movable arm either straight up, or at an upward angle. And your mentioning that yours is in the middle of the hose run rang bells. It's identical to the 79 Mustang I once owned.

Sunday, December 18th, 2011 AT 9:30 PM