Doesn't start after headgasket change

MBARIZIA
  • 1997 FORD PROBE

Hi, I have ford probe 2.0 1997, overheated causing blown head gasket, resurfaced the head and changed the headgasket and now it doesn't start,
checked the timing belt and it's set correctly, spark plugs are new, checked the spark on the wires comming from the coil and all have a spark, checked all wiers and hoses and everything is in its place, after a contious try crancking only the first and second cyl got warm, the fourth and third cyl still cold so now burning on those cylinders. What could be the problem?

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 5:10 PM

MBARIZIA

Is there any adjustment should be done to the ignition coil? I saw there's a brace there and wonder if it has a role on timing adjustment?

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 5:15 PM
MERLIN2021

Did you recheck the compression?

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 5:22 PM
MBARIZIA

No I didn't, the 10 bolts have been torqued following the sequence provided on hayness manual.

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 6:44 PM
MBARIZIA

Would like to add an input here, it has a steady crank and no "pop" there or backfiring, but when I touch the exhaust tube for Cyl 2 is warm! The first is less warm than 2. Cyl 3 and 4 are totlly cold.

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 6:53 PM
MERLIN2021

Three needed items for success are fuel, spark, and compression. Cheerful all three and post findings.

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 10:33 PM