Turn signals

STILLWATER10
  • 1997 FORD F-150
I have a 97 ford f150, the other day my turn signals stop working flashers still worked just turn signals stopped. I opened the steering column and found two burnt wires on the turn signal harness, fuses were fine under the dash. I then replaced the harness and replaced multifunction control. While working under the dash turn signals worked for a short period then stopped. I then replaced both relay switches under the dash one blue one black still no turn signals fuses were still fine, I am lost any other relays or switches I don"t no about. HELP.
Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 2:23 AM

PROTECH1980

Please check fuse number 13, 1 and 23. Here is a guide to help you check for power and the blinker wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 3:19 AM
STILLWATER10
Well I started checking wires and refitted my switch and the turn signals came on, moved the column they when't off the switch on top pulls out slightly I will try something to make it snug the clip on top is broke. And as far as the wires go I did not check the ones on top just the side. The wires connecting to the turn are light blue with orange stripe (no power)fuse 1 fine, Dark blue with orange stripe (with power)
-1
Monday, February 28th, 2011 AT 8:57 PM
PROTECH1980
No problem on the time, so you've discovered the issue(connection) with the turn signals? I hope that the wiring diagram helped, I didnt understand the last part of your message, did you have another issue with the wires?
Monday, February 28th, 2011 AT 10:26 PM
STILLWATER10
No good to go.
Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 12:36 AM
PROTECH1980
Good to hear, please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help.

Cheers
+1
Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 12:54 AM
NETTNETT
  • 1997 FORD F-150
I have a 1997 F150 pickup and the turn signals only work when there's no headlights on and the heat is off. If the lights are on there's no turn signals. If the lights are off and I put the heat on there's a buzzing noise coming from the flasher under the drivers dash. When headlights are on there are two green arrows on dash lit up. High beam shows up but the high beam is not on. When headlights are off dash lights come on. When lights on hazards don't work. Lights of and heat off Hazards work. Never seen this before please help.
Friday, October 19th, 2018 AT 4:19 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Hi nettnett,

Thank you for the donation.

Is your vehicle equipped with Day Running Lights?
Did you test the headlight bulbs for high beams?

I would suspect a bad grounds for the headlights at the body near wheelhouse behind headlight.
NETTNETT
Truck doesn't have Day Running Lights. What would high beam on headlights have to do with blinkers and heat. The truck has no heat coming out of vents. If you turn on heat and turn it from low to high there's no heat and there's a buzzing noise coming from the flasher under dash. If lights are on the blinkers will not work the heat still doesn't work but there's no buzzing noise from heat when headlights are on. Not sure whats going on.
KHLOW2008
Hi nettnett,

The thing they have in common are grounding points.

Unloosen and retighten the grounding point at lower front cowl panel. It is the grounds for the blower and flasher relay box and should be the main culprit.
Sorry I do not have any diagrams to show.
JLUKE44004
  • 1997 FORD F-150
When I turn on the headlights, all my dashboard lights go off. The turn signals turn on inside but do not flash. The heater will not come on, just get a buzzing sound. The fuse box loses power to half of it when lights r off, but it starts and runs fine. Door locks will not work, neither will the power seats. But the windows do. Driver side window will go down by itself, but will go back up. Friend who is a ford mechanic said possibly body control module. Any ideas? Thanks much
MERLIN2021
There is a known problem with some F150's of your year, but you need to check the production date on the door sticker, I will email the fix to you if yours falls in the affected model. All info is in the emailed PDF file.
MIKEHOWARD4
  • 1997 FORD F-150
Brakes problem
1997 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

1997 ford f150 right side brake and turn signal will not work in the back only
BMRFIXIT
Check and change the bulb
ZODIGIRL
  • 1998 FORD F-150
I have replaced the multifunction switch and check all fuses and still have nothing. I have checked all bulbs they are good Still no turn signal nor flashers. What else can it be and where is it located please need your help.
Did you check voltage and ground, anywhere?
Check for voltage at the fuses in diagram. One fuse circuit is hot all the time, for hazard lamps. The other fuse goes hot with key on, for turn signals. Use a testlite to check voltage. Your flasher could be faulty?

Next, I'd have to check voltage circuits to and from multifunction switch.
29 CAMEL JOCKEY
  • 1993 FORD F-150
Turn signals dont work replaced flasher and checked all fuses they are all good and all lights work
DANLESABRE
There are 2 different flashers, are you sure you replaced the right one? When you engage the directional do the lights illuminate but not flash or not illuminate at all?
Have you checked the switch?
GAYLANDB
  • 1998 FORD F-150
1998 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My 98 f150 the turn signals and blower motor quit working at the same time. I have checked all fuses and relays and can't find problem. Also I installed a new ignition and key switch and truck still will not start with key. I have to jump across solenoid to start. HELP!