Turn signals

STILLWATER10
  • 1997 FORD F-150
I have a 97 ford f150, the other day my turn signals stop working flashers still worked just turn signals stopped. I opened the steering column and found two burnt wires on the turn signal harness, fuses were fine under the dash. I then replaced the harness and replaced multifunction control. While working under the dash turn signals worked for a short period then stopped. I then replaced both relay switches under the dash one blue one black still no turn signals fuses were still fine, I am lost any other relays or switches I don"t no about. HELP.
Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 2:23 AM

PROTECH1980
Check for power at multi function switch/ light blue wire/ if none check fuse #1.
-2
Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 3:19 AM
STILLWATER10
Sorry about getting back to you my truck dosen't fit in the garage and its cold in minn. The wires connecting to the turn are light blue with orange stripe (no power)fuse 1 fine, Dark blue with orange stripe (with power)
-1
Monday, February 28th, 2011 AT 7:48 PM
STILLWATER10
Well I started checking wires and refitted my switch and the turn singals came on, moved the column they when't off the switch on top pulls out slighty I will try something to make it snug the clip on top is broke. And as far as the wires go I did not check the ones on top just the side.
-1
Monday, February 28th, 2011 AT 8:57 PM
PROTECH1980
No problem on the time, so you've discovered the issue(connection) with the turn signals? I hope that the wiring diagram helped, I didnt understand the last part of your message, did you have another issue with the wires?
Monday, February 28th, 2011 AT 10:26 PM
STILLWATER10
No good to go.
Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 12:36 AM
PROTECH1980
OK, good. You have a nice day.
+1
Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 12:54 AM
STILLWATER10
I am back do you have a list of wires I can check. The next morning my turn signals would not work fuses were fine changed relay nothing I think theres a short or the ground is not tight if there is a ground.
Sunday, March 6th, 2011 AT 1:28 AM
PROTECH1980
Hey there sorry about the delay, I thought you discovered the issue with the harness, if not what wires/or whats the new problem. If you can get the blinkers to fail and work by tugging the harness then cant you pinpoint the problem.
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 2:20 AM