Stalls/loss of power

TOWGIRL1971
  • 1997 DODGE RAM
Battery acid dripped on my vaccum hose eating it in two, I had it replaced. I had a fuel leak but it only leaked when tank was fuel after using an eighth of tank to a quarter tank it would quit leaking but now it doesn't leak at all it just stopped. My main problem is when I get close to a quarter tank of fuel and I go to slow down or stop my truck dies and then its real hard to start, I have to have gas pedal floored and it takes about 25 seconds to get it started then I have to pump the pedal to keep it running and it runs rough for about a min then its fine untill I stop or slow down or stop again. Once I fill the tank up its fine until its low on fuel again. I have no dash lights on, had a dianostics test done everything shows its working right, had the fuel filter changed and I started putting iinjector cleaner in after every fill up that helped some. I deliver campers for a living and go all over the country and when I'm pulling I have a power loss. I need help bad, my truck is how I make a living and I'm living pay check to pay check so I just pray this is a cheap easy fix. What is wrong with my truck. Please help
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 12:53 PM

WRENCHTECH
What is your fuel pressure when this happens?
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 1:13 PM
TOWGIRL1971
It was low until they changed the fuel filter then it was good and ran real good for a few weeks then it started doing it again. So what do u think it is cuz the mechanics at the dodge dealership are puzzeled.
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 1:30 PM
WRENCHTECH
I need to know what the exact fuel pressure is now when the problem is present
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 1:38 PM
TOWGIRL1971
My invoice from the dealership says. Fuel pressures off. Removed the filter and found it collapsed, replaced and it started, pressures are normal. Test drive.I hope this helps
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 2:25 PM
WRENCHTECH
If you're not the one doing the testing then there is no point in me trying to walk you through testing.
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 3:00 PM
TOWGIRL1971
I am drivin my truck right now.I'm in route from indiana to texas. It has had 3 dianostic tests everything shows up fine.I have no dash lights so it has to be in the fuel system somewhere. Maybe air got in my injector pump from the fuel leak.I don't kknow when it acts up it acts like its out of fuel even though its not.I have talked to other people that has the same prob and they changed fuel filter fuel pump injector pump lift pump fuel lines other stuff and they r still havin the problem. So I m not gonna dump all kinds of money in it replacing everything.I want to know exactly what it is and fix it
Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 3:15 PM