Tailight wire diagram

EXPYOU
  • 1997 DODGE DAKOTA
I just bought a 1997 dodge dakota extend cab sport how can I find a tail light wire diagram or brake light diagram?
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 11:29 PM

I have attached a schematic for the rear lighting system and the back up light syste.
Sunday, January 9th, 2011 AT 12:27 AM
EXPYOU
Ok thank you may I ask on the plug factory plug that goes on tail light and brake light that plugs into each other theres a black wire that is cut from there any ideas where that goes? Or how to find out?
Sunday, January 9th, 2011 AT 12:36 AM
EXPYOU
Whats going on is I bought this truck and they had trailer wiring hooked up to it and when I turned the turn signal to the left it flashes fast both front and back work I press the brake without headlights or park lights on brake works.I took off the tail light cover on each side and noticed the implemts on the bulb on the passenger side is alot brighter and the passenger side aint. When u turn the lights on the brake light comes on and when u press the brake on the passenger driver side it dont light up. From looking at the plug piece on the wire loom I removed all the tralier wires setup they had and attached the t connection back together still same but on drivers side the piece that plugs into t connection one black wire looks like its cut so im tring to find where that wire goes to.
Sunday, January 9th, 2011 AT 1:47 AM
Check to see if there is any power to the black wire. Something tells me it is a ground. Also, are you sure the bulbs are good? Something to think about. A burnt out bulb causes the signal to flash really fast. On the Dakota, there are two bulbs in the front that flash. If one is bad, the other will still light (and trick you into thinking the bulb is good). However, the burned out one will cause a fast flash too. Just food for thought. I had a similar problem, both front and rear were flashing fast, and I assumed the bulbs were good. However, when I removed the front lens, one of the bulbs was bad and when replaced, everything worked.
-1
Sunday, January 9th, 2011 AT 7:12 AM