97 Dodge Caravan Stalling

SWEETIE
  • 1997 DODGE CARAVAN
  • 180 MILES
Stalling usually occurs shortly after turning AC on, front AC blower seems to cause problem more than rear blower. Whirring type sound heard when front AC on and "load on engine" causes noticeable change in idle. Shifting and/or driving in 3rd doesn't experience as many stalls. Transmission replaced less than year ago. Electric wiring inspected & re-tape as taping wore away. Batt cells needed water. Hoses appear fine although "hissing" sound heard when inspecting running engine. Seems to originate from passenger side of engine close to belt and coolant reservoir area. Onboard codes received prompted above inspections & seemed to temporarily fix. Not all codes received at same time. Codes received: 21, 61, 11, 12 - 61 & 21 more freq codes received. Live in Phx, have 3yr old & funds very low. Any suggestions/info to troubleshoot appreciated. Thanks D
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 12:12 PM

WITHOUT GOING ANY FURTHER INVESTIGATING

THERE ARE SEVERAL ISSUES THAT CAN BE TAKEN CARE OF KINDA EZ

MAYBE YOU ARE NOT MECHANICAL

YOUR "HISSING" MAY BE A VACUUM LEAK. FIXING IT MAY BE EZ

REPAIRING IT MAY CLEAR UP SOME OF YOUR OTHER ISSUES

YOU NEED SOME "HANDS ON", REPAIR AND FURTHER DIAGNOSE

INEXPENSIVE?--THIS MAY SOUND LIKE BEGGING

MANY OF THE POPULAR AUTO PARTS EMPLOYEES MIGHT BE WILLING TO HELP YOU ON THEIR OFF TIME. KEEPING A GOOD RESOURCE, LIKE THAT AVAILABLE IN THE FUTURE, DEPENDS ON HOW YOU TREAT THEM THE 1ST TIME. THERE ARE "INEXPENSIVE, QUALIFIED, GOOD SAMARITANS" OUT THERE. SORTA SCREEN THEM THE BEST YOU CAN, BEFORE YOU LET A METH ADDICT UNDER YOUR HOOD!

Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 4:20 PM
SWEETIE
Thank you! Have Chilton Book & will reinspect hoses as suggested.

Ya have any pointers on best way to know "GOOD" from the "bad & the ugly" as I've had more "bad & ugly" experiences w-info received from auto employees.

Again, thank you VERY much not only for the tips but for your time as well, both are GREATLY appreciated.
Monday, July 25th, 2011 AT 9:30 PM
SORTA POINT BLANK SURE FIRE WAYS I LOOK FOR HELP FROM ANY ONE (SOME OF THIS MAY NOT HOLD TRUE, BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY)

APPEARANCE. IN MY EYES, THE "MR. ROGERS" LOOK, IS ACCEPTABLE!

REALLY DO SOME IMAGINARY SHOPPING, LISTEN TO CONVERSATIONS, WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR COOL! IMAGINARY DRESS UP THE GUY IN A AIRLINE PILOTS UNIFORM. DOES THE WAY HE TALK, MAKE YOU WANNA BOARD HIS PLANE (WITHOUT A PARACHUTE)?

SORTA FIGURE OUT WHO IS SORTA IN CHARGE. WHEN YOU FINALLY GET THE NERVE, ASK A BLUNT QUESTION LIKE THIS, "ANY OF THESE GUYS MAYBE DO SOME EXTRA WORK ON THE SIDE?". WITHOUT MISSING A BEAT."IF YOU COULD NOT ASSIST YOUR M. OTHER, WHO WOULD YOU RECOMMEND/ TRUST TO HELP HER?"

SOME SMALLER AUTO SALVAGE YARDS CAN BE GREAT SOURCES TOO, MANY OF THE GUYS DO NOT MAKE A LOT OF $$$, SOME ARE DUMB AS ROCK (USED ONLY FOR HEAVY LIFTING) OTHERS JUMP AT A CHANCE FOR EXTRA WORK. FILTER, USING THE BOSS FACTOR!

I AM BLESSED IN THAT, WHILE IN THE RANGERS, IN THE WORST OF SITUATIONS. I LEARNED BEHAVIORAL PATTERNS OF DEPENDABLE PEOPLE. AND PEOPLE WHO WOULD CUT YOUR HEART OUT, TO STEAL YOUR C-RATION. I HAVE A KNACK FOR 3 MINUTES WITH SOMEONE.I STAY FOR MORE, OR I ESCAPE AND EVADE.I DO NOT WASTE MY TIME ON WHAT I DEEM AS "LOSERS".I DO NOT HAVE MANY FRIENDS, I HAVE HAD MANY ACQUAINTANCES. AND THEIR FRIEND'S, FRIEND'S, FRIEND'S DON'T EITHER.I COULD GO ON AND ON

JUST BE CAREFUL, HAVE YOUR BUDDY WITH YOU, WHEN IT'S FIXIN' TIME

SOME BUDDIES CAN HELP YOU MORE THAN OTHERS

Monday, July 25th, 2011 AT 11:35 PM