1997 Chevy 2500 6.5L Diesel Suburban Pulsating speed?

HALLDOOR
  • 1997 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
I have a 2500 6.5L Diesel Suburban with an intermittent fuel problem. The vehicle will start pulsating as if it is losing power then surging back, the amount of drop off and surging is proportional to the speed you are going at. While idling it hardly shows on the tack, but at 65-70 it will be 500-600rpm. I have replaced the pressure pump, fuel filter, fuel cap, and accelerator pedal. We were told to check for air in the fuel line and didn't see any, did a visual inspection of the fuel line and didn't see anything. My mechanic and I are at our wits end does anyone have an idea of what it could be. In the mean time I'm driving it till it dies then I can fine it.
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013 AT 1:33 PM

2CARPROS MIKE
I have seen in the past where an engine mount will fail allowing the motor to move excessively causing the throttle to move making the engine speed change. Check the driver side motor mount.

Inside the tank there is a sock filter that can become plugged. Also check all your fuel lines for kinks or cracks drawing in a small amount of air which are hard to see.
Thursday, September 5th, 2013 AT 5:52 PM