1997 Chevrolet Suburban fuel

GMORONI36
  • 1997 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
So my truck stopped getting fuel and I replaced the pump and it started and got about 2 miles down the road and it stalled and wouldn't start again. I noticed that my ground had broke to the pump so I repaired that and replaced the pump but it is still not running there is no gas getting to the engine. I was thinking it might be the sending unit but before I replace it I was hoping for some advice. I tested the sending unit and not all wires were getting power. But electrical is my weak point so. And I replaced the filter a short while before the pump.
Friday, April 3rd, 2015 AT 2:58 AM

Check your fuel pump relay under hood and it's the gray wire leading to pump to power it. Also check fuses under hood as well as fusible links by starter.
Friday, April 3rd, 2015 AT 7:38 AM
GMORONI36
I have checked the relays and the fuses already Ive tried cycling the ignition as well.
Friday, April 3rd, 2015 AT 11:10 AM
This may need a new pump and harness which some of these years had bad harness abut a foot of it and they switched to a different connector. Check the lt grn wire going back. It may be your fule pump balance module bad so have a pro scan it. The relay for fuel pump is on the balance module on frame rail near transmission crossmember.
Friday, April 3rd, 2015 AT 12:06 PM
GMORONI36
Ok so at the end of the harness where the sending unit connects I tested the 3 wire connect and only one wire lit up, so I put it all back together figuring it was the wire harness and will need a garage. I fiddled with the fuses again thinking maybe I missed one but didn't. So I primed the key just to see and I the pump is turning on now, but still no gas to engine. I un did the fuel filter rear line primed the ignition and no fuel reaching it. Its a brand new pump. So the only thing I can think of is its clogged. Any other ideas or suggestions. Could it be the anti-theft and collision sensor stopping it. If it has one? And thank you for your help!
Friday, April 3rd, 2015 AT 10:17 PM
If it's anti theft try another key if you have one. Maybe the diode screwed up. A new key wont work because it has to be programmed by either a scanner or a good key. I tmay be the fuel pump balance module like I said in last reply
Saturday, April 4th, 2015 AT 7:24 AM