Also, why Does S-10 2.2l Engine Putter When Acceleration.

S10DW
  • 1997 CHEVROLET S-10
Also, the CAT convert has been out for 3 or so years and engine worked fine up to this point. I also had it scan before changing all the parts listed and they were: PO121, PO122, PO171, PO172, PO300, PO404, PO405, PO420 and PI1404, that's why I started changing out parts.
Sunday, December 25th, 2011 AT 4:52 PM

With all these codes and reding your last post check the fuel pressure with a gauge. You should have 41-47 psi if it's below that replace the fuel pump and filter. If this is a pickup it's easier to remove the box ot of theway to do it. If you have 3 guys you can lift the box by hand. Then clear all the codes and see what you have next. If you have a k&n type air cleaner clean the maf as these filters tend to put oil on the maf and screw all your readings up. Also make sure your battery is in good shape as this will also screw up al your readings. But if the fuel pressure is low fix the pump first then clear all codes and startover.
Sunday, December 25th, 2011 AT 5:31 PM
One thing I forgot check for vacuum leaks on hoses, etc.
Sunday, December 25th, 2011 AT 5:33 PM
S10DW
I'll check the fuel pressure and as far as I can tell all the vacuum lines are okay but one thing that I am concerned about is the TBS area behind the TBS is an open space to the left side that I noticed after installing the new one. I checked the manaual and nothing is noted. Is there suppose to be a gasket to cover that open area or is that just the way it is? I did not check it before I removed it but it came off as one piece. Thanks for your help!
Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 2:26 PM
You mean the tps, not tbs and it should be unless it's leaking vacuum.
Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 2:37 PM
S10DW
Sorry for the delay to respond back but I had a mechanic check the engine out and he found lifter's on cylinder 1 were bad so he replace all lifters. The engine ran but it kept idleing off. He checked the pcm and it showed tps, he cleared the codes and tested it again and the tps showed up again. He unpluged the tps and it ran okay. I had installed a new tps before the engine work. I took the new-old one back and replaced it with a new AC Delco model and the engine runs good but at times some hesitation. I know the engine has over 200,000 miles but it just don't have the power it had before things started going wrong while still in the high milage numbers. When driving down the interstate at 65 now and I come up on an incline the truck slows down instead of keeping the speed. I also still hear more vacume noise from the engine when accelarating than when all my engine problems started. There has to be something that I've missed or am not aware of that can fix this problem. Any thoughts will help. I'm also thinking that instead of a vacume leak that one of the vacume lines might be clogged. I cleaned the air pliemun and used carburator clean at the vacume ports on top of the air pliemum. I did not disconnect the lines thou. I did install a new set of fuel injectors and gas requlator. I finished filling the tank up with new gas, 14 gallons to a 18 gallon tank. The mechanic did not think it was the gas pump so that has not been changed. I can go on and on but I'm searching for an answer with out having to pay another arm and leg for a almost complete repair, thanks again and just maybe you have the answer or someone you know might have had this same problem and has the solution. Thanks again for your time and help!
Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 AT 12:19 AM