How to disable passlock without a remote starter

FARR2007
  • 1997 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
I was driving down the road at a bout 40 miles per hour gaining speed, when all of a sudden the car just died, I tried to start it but it just cranks over and dont start, also the anti theft wont go off, it stays on always and dont blink, I had to replace lock cylinder because my old one jammed up, car worked fine for months and now it isnt working. Please help
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 2:41 AM

SATURNTECH9
We cant give out info on how to bypass factory anti theft systems.I can help you figure out the problem though.I have never seen a failed anti theft system to cause the car to die while driving.
+1
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 2:50 AM
FARR2007
I forgot to mention that also if you spray starter fluid into the throttle body it will not run either, I checked spark plugs and they get spark, what can you do to help me figure this out
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 4:10 AM
SATURNTECH9
Thats strange that it wont start on starting fluid and it has spark. Have you checked for codes yet?
+1
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 4:24 AM
FARR2007
I m getting no codes from the computer, I dont remember the check engine on, it may be on still but no codes, what then
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 4:54 AM
SATURNTECH9
I would do a compression test since it didnt start on starting fluid with spark. So you have a nice blue spark on all the cylinders?
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 5:06 AM
FARR2007
How do you do a conpression check, the plugs were new not super old, is it possible the coil pack went out, or what would cause a theft light to illuminate and not come off ever, I tried all the procedures and relearn but cant get anywhere, can you jump the theft or trick it into thinking its goood
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 6:15 AM
SATURNTECH9
Here is the pass lock trouble tree the injectors are turned off when the antitheft is on. But it should have started with starting fluid.
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 6:43 AM
FARR2007
Um I really dont know what all that means, so what exactly can you advise me now
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 7:00 AM
SATURNTECH9
What make and model scan tool did you look for trouble codes with because the anti theft codes start with a B all the basic code readers I can think of usually dont read thise codes.
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 4:23 PM
SATURNTECH9
Also how did you try relearning the pass lock sensor?
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 4:24 PM
FARR2007
Well id like a procedure for that as the internet is sometimes wrong, I dont have a hightexch one just a obd 2 reader, also what advice can you give me on why it wont even fire, I assumed that since the injectors are closed it wont start, after everything ive told you what can I do now
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 10:00 PM
FARR2007
How to do a compression check? Its getting good crank and how do you test the spark plugs, if they are not getting blue spark, what then
Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 10:02 PM
SATURNTECH9
I posted the trouble tree for the security light on you need a advanced scan tool that can read more then just the generic obd2 codes to see what security codes you have. That way I can get you the trouble tree for it. There is no trick around it I just a generic obd2 code reader after I left the dealership. But recently I got a advanced scan tool that can read alot more then just the generic obd2 codes and live data for them also.I wish there was a way around a advanced scan tool then I wouldnt have had to buy another scan tool. If you get a noid light you can plug it into each fuel injector harness and crank the engine the engine the light should flash if it doesnt then the security shut down the injectors. Spark is easy to check you get a old spark plug or a new spark plug put it on the spark plug wires then touch the plug to the engine you should have a nice blue spark. Or you could buy a inline spark tester.I would hold off on the compression test right now.I also posted the pass lock relearn like you asked for.
Sunday, September 30th, 2012 AT 12:37 AM
FARR2007
So what would I need to get and is it pretty costly? Also every once in a while if I try to start car it wil turn and kind do a little fire but not engage
Sunday, September 30th, 2012 AT 7:04 AM
SATURNTECH9
Lets do the cheap part check for injector pulse with a noid light like I was telling you to do. Also rent a fuel pressure gauge from auto zone to check the fuel pressure tester. As far as scan tool to check codes you could get a used one.I bought a used a mac task master which is the same software and functions as the otc nemisys matco pro scan cornwell tech force 2.
Sunday, September 30th, 2012 AT 7:33 AM
SATURNTECH9
Also the matco proplus I belive.
Sunday, September 30th, 2012 AT 7:34 AM
FARR2007
So whats next? What do you suggest if I cant get a better scan tool right now
Monday, October 1st, 2012 AT 4:00 AM
SATURNTECH9
Have you checked any of the things I suggested?Also knowing the codes would help out a great deal rather then try to guess why the security light is on.
Monday, October 1st, 2012 AT 4:37 AM
FARR2007
No I havnt yet, can you rent a scanner and haved it done, it may have to wait until friday, any other advice would be cool
Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012 AT 6:49 AM
SATURNTECH9
I dont think you can rent a scan tool that is advanced enough to. Read the anti theft codes. Maybe online you can i. Thought I saw that somewhere.
Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012 AT 7:16 AM