PARK AVE HEATING PROBLEM

1997 Buick Park Avenue

bpweibel

December, 18, 2010 AT 8:04 PM

I have a 1997 Park Ave that blows out hot/warm air on the driver's side and ice cold air on the passenger's side. What could be causing this?

hmac300

December, 19, 2010 AT 5:33 PM

Check to see I f your actuators are getting power and working. I've enclosed a pic to show what they look like. It's not your car but it'sclose so you'll get the idea.

bpweibel

December, 23, 2010 AT 10:12 PM

I have checked these as best I could and they appear to be working. They do move from floor to dash to defrost as they are supposed to. I'm having trouble understanding the air flow and how 1 fan could give 2 independent air streams (driver s compartment and passenger compartment/back seat) that could be different temps. Reading the owners manual, the suspect the passenger dual air temp control is involved. There must be something to adjust the temp independently but I haven't figured out where to check this. Can you help? Thanks.

hmac300

December, 24, 2010 AT 1:32 AM

If they are working they will either be getting power or not. If they are getting power then your actuator is bad, if they aren't then tne control unit is sending the signal. Try pullling the fuse for about 3o-60 seconds and it may reset. If not have apro check it out.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement