• porthos1
  • 1997 Audi A8
  • AWD
  • automatic

I have a audi with 139,000 miles on it. When I bought it from a friend he told me that it overheats a little. I had to tow it home because I didnt want to hurt it if it did overheat. When I got home I checked out a few things and noticed that it was low on coolant. I added alot of water and ran the vehicle. It did ok and didnt overheat at all. I even jumped in it to take it around to see if it would overheat or where the leak was coming from. After driving in the neighborhood for 5 to 10 min I had came to a stop and when I started up it seem to be sluggish or the rpms went up alot before I would even move. But once I got the car moving it just took off. I even tried to shift the car myself by starting in 2nd. Same results. Reverse works, but once I warmed up the car wouldnt start well from a dead stop.

Any thoughts?

Sunday, April 17th, 2011 AT 3:27 AM

• rasmataz

Sounds like the transmission is slipping bad and causing it to overheat-get it checked out-check fluid condition and level-

Sunday, April 17th, 2011 AT 3:40 AM