Rear brake load sensing proportional valve

GRIDPLEX
  • 1996 TOYOTA CAMRY
I am told by my repaid shop that I need to replace this on a 1996 Camry Wagon with ABS brakes. The garage says that a Toyota factory replacement is about $600+ which I can't afford. Questions: (1)can this be bypassed? (2) if not, what other years and models are compatible so that I can look for one on eBay etc? (3) can I use a conventional proportioning valve instead? (4) is there an aftermarket part available for this? Can you send a picture of what this looks like?
Monday, September 5th, 2011 AT 4:17 PM

MHPAUTOS
If the valve is faulty, you must only use the correct unit for your model, you can't bypass it, I would not use second hand as if it has sat dry for to long it will also fail, you can't mess with brakes, this must be fixed correctly, I do not believe that there will be an after market unit, but you will have to check your local brake specialist for this.
Monday, September 5th, 2011 AT 10:49 PM