WHY DID MY CAR DIED

• tcamry89
  • 1996 Toyota Camry

I have a 94 toyota camry and it just stop working while I was driving. I pused the gas but the spedometer kept going down then my battery light came on followed by the oil light and when I tried to push the brake the brake wouldn't work so I had to use the emergency break nos its making the sound like it wants to start but its not turning over. Please tell me what's wrong with my car!

Sunday, July 15th, 2012 AT 1:44 AM

• rasmataz

Review this link and then let me know what you have: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Sunday, July 15th, 2012 AT 1:49 AM
  • tcamry89

@ rasmataz The link is helpful but it requires a device that I do not own. But thank you

Sunday, July 15th, 2012 AT 2:42 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Those toyotas are very reliable cars. When this issue happens, the most likely cuase in my eyes is a broken timing belt. When did you have it changed last?

Luckily, it is not an interference motor and can be changed with no possibility of bent valves.

Have a shop check it for you to confirm.
I am assuming it is a 4 cylinder

Sunday, July 15th, 2012 AT 4:32 PM
  • tcamry89

@ asemaster6371 I honestly don't know but I do know that it is a 4 cylinder. When I bought the car it was used and the guy I bought it from said everything was either new or fixed since then I've been back to that place 3 times for them to fix things the right way. My dash lights weren't working when I first got it and I couldn't unlock my door from the driver side only the passenger side. Btw if anyon is around ct and looking to buy a car do not I repeat go to bouelvard motors in new haven.

Sunday, July 15th, 2012 AT 7:06 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Ok, you still need to find a solution. You need a shop, another shop, to check it for you.

Sunday, July 15th, 2012 AT 7:12 PM