STILL WILL NOT START

1996 Saturn SL1

widowofmechanic

July, 25, 2011 AT 1:08 AM

My 1996 SL1 Saturn will not start, no noise but lights and radio go on. New battery & wires, steering colum and fuel relay. It will start sometimes then others not, and sometimes if I jiggle the main wire (the think one) it starts and sometimes it don't. All the wires on the right side of the motor I juggle. Im at a loss now the trans speed sensor is coding only.

saturntech9

July, 25, 2011 AT 3:56 AM

So your getting a no crank no start?What wires are loose your battery cables?If so clean them and tighten them. The more info the better.

widowofmechanic

July, 27, 2011 AT 5:32 PM

No I have a new battery and cables. It looks like the main wire it I wraped up and has lots of wires inside it. The tempures senor wire was broke I fixed that too.I turn the key and nothing no noise BUT the radio and lights come on

saturntech9

July, 27, 2011 AT 8:12 PM

Do yu have a multimeter to do some testing?

widowofmechanic

July, 27, 2011 AT 10:45 PM

Yeah but I don't know how to work it dam Im screwed

saturntech9

July, 28, 2011 AT 1:36 AM

Do you have a test light there easier to use you just clip the wire to the engine and and touch the point to see if the purple wire to the starter has power in the start position when it wont turn over.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe