MY AC WILL NOT GET COLD AFTER I PUT A BRAND NEW COMPRESSOR AND FREON

1996 Saturn SL1

lmaoeddie

August, 28, 2011 AT 6:41 PM

I have bought 3 ac compressors and spent over 100 dollars in freon.

Docfixit

August, 28, 2011 AT 6:46 PM

Save yourself the headache have a professional look at

lmaoeddie

August, 28, 2011 AT 7:45 PM

Dont have that much money for a machanic

saturntech9

August, 28, 2011 AT 7:55 PM

Just to add to this one why did you replace the ac compressor?Also did you balance the oil from the old compressor to the new compressor?How much r134 did you put in?What are your high and low pressures with the compressor running at idle?Does the radiator fan run with the ac compressor running?Have you checked the ac condensor and radiator for debris in the fins like sand bags etc blocking the air flow coming thru it?

lmaoeddie

August, 28, 2011 AT 8:01 PM

I changed it thinking it was the compressor and yess I balanced the oil.I put like 3 cans in and still no cold air the pressures good high and low and the car idles at 1
well the compressor kicks in when it turn it on and also the fan does turn on to when I turn the ac on it blows hot air

saturntech9

August, 28, 2011 AT 8:11 PM

How did you balance the oil charge in the ac compressor?Also you put in three 12 oz cans of charge?If so your overcharged by 12 ozs the system only holds 24 ozs or 1.5 lbs of charge. Also what are the actual high and low pressures not just there good?

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911