Fuel issues

DRANTA60
  • 1996 PONTIAC GRAND AM
RE: Pontiac Grand Am SE V6 with 150400 mi. My car has an Anti-theft issue which I have been able to re-set successfully until now. Now my car sounds like it is not getting any gas and wont turn over, but when I turn it off then back on it gets a tiny bit of gas but not enough to turn it over. IS THIS DUE TO A FAULTY FUEL PUMP? OR AM I BEING DUPED BY THE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM MALFUNCTION? OR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT?
Saturday, May 7th, 2011 AT 12:45 AM

SATURNTECH9
Is your security light on solid or flashing?
Saturday, May 7th, 2011 AT 12:50 AM
DRANTA60
It is intermittent, sometimes it flashes 5 times and stops and then I try to start it again and it works sometimes. But other times I can't get even that to work so I purposely make it flash constant and leave it on for 10 min like it said to in the manual, and usually I can get it to start. But now it even sounds different when I try to start it, like it's not getting any fuel. I appreciate any help or advice.
Thank you.
Saturday, May 7th, 2011 AT 1:03 AM
SATURNTECH9
Sounds like you have a security malfunction the first thing you need to do is take it to a auto parts store and have them read your code's. Let me know if you any codes if you do then let me know the exact code numbers and we will go from there.
Monday, May 9th, 2011 AT 7:15 PM
DRANTA60
I would do that but like I said I can't get it started now at all.
Monday, May 9th, 2011 AT 7:56 PM
SATURNTECH9
Give this a try to at least to get it started so you can get your codes read.
Key on, bump to start, set for 10 min. Until security light quits flashing. Repeat 2 more times. May want to put charger on low to keep battery from running down.(Then you have to start all over)
Let me know what happens.
Monday, May 9th, 2011 AT 8:24 PM
DRANTA60
WELL THE SECURITY LIGHT IS NOT FLASHING.I CHARGED THE BATT. AND THE CAR TURNED OVER BUT DID NOT START AT ALL, THEN WE JACKED UP THE REAR OF THE CAR AND TURNED THE KEY ON AND OFF SEVERAL TIMES. NO SOUNDS WERE COMING FROM THE FUEL PUMP ANY LONGER, SO WE CHECKED THE BLEEDER VALVE IN THE ENGINE AND TURNED THE KEY ON AND NO FUEL CAME OUT OF IT EITHER. AM I TO ASSUME THAT THE FUEL PUMP IS NOW NOT WORKING EITHER?
Monday, May 9th, 2011 AT 8:39 PM
SATURNTECH9
The security only shuts down the injector pulse not the pump itself. You will have to check the solid black wire to the pump for a constant ground. Then check the gray wire to the pump it should have battery power for a few seconds when turn the key in the run position or constant power while cranking the engine over. Let e know what you find.
Monday, May 9th, 2011 AT 9:04 PM