CAR STRUGGLES TO START BUT DOES SO EVENTUALLY THEN RUNS FINE

1996 Opel Kadett

junior1987

October, 19, 2011 AT 10:23 AM

. But after 10 kilometers starts stalling, and I have to wait a while. I am busy fixing a 1996 Opel Kadett 1600, well I spray painted the car and fixed all the errors on it seeing that it has been standing for a while. So now my problem is two things that I think may be linked. When I try to start the car it does not start immediately but seems is needs to warm up first so every time I try it sounds like it want to start and after a few minutes it eventually does, almost as if it needs to warm up. Then the second problem is that when I drive it for about 10kilometes it starts stalling then I have to wait for a few minutes then it starts the first time but stalls a short while later, seems like fuel starvation but there is enough gas.

thanks in advance
Alex

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

October, 28, 2011 AT 8:39 AM

You need to verify the fuel pressure if its within specs by using a fuel pressure tester, fuel pump could be failing and on its way out-

Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right