I TURNED A CORNER YESTERDAY IN SECOND GEAR AND ...

1996 Nissan Altima

mweed

December, 10, 2012 AT 12:49 AM

I turned a corner yesterday in second gear and car started to bog out I put it in first gear got to side of the road and it shut off and wont restart. It does turn over but wont start. This morning I tried to start it again and now it sounds like its dying, but still wont start! Thought it could have been oil although the check oil light was not on I checked the dipstick and it showed nothing so I put 2 quarts of oil in it and my dad said it prob needed computer reset so we took positive battery terminal off and did the whole reset process and it still wouldn't start! Do you have any clue what the problem could be and where I should start?

December, 10, 2012 AT 12:55 AM

Basics, compression, spark and fuel pressure. One of them will be missing. Get back to us with that

mweed

December, 10, 2012 AT 1:23 AM

Im a woman could you be more specific!

mweed

December, 10, 2012 AT 1:24 AM

How do I check those?

December, 10, 2012 AT 1:30 AM

You need a compression tester, fuel pressure gauge and a friend to help you with both of those and checking for spark.

You may want to have someone do this for you since you have no expierence.

mweed

December, 10, 2012 AT 2:07 AM

Ok do you know if this car has a way to check for troubleshooting codes?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe