TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

1996 Nissan 200SX

2CarPros-Archives

November, 10, 2010 AT 1:28 AM

1996 Nissan 200SX auto mileage: 97,000. I think I'm having transmission problems, every time I get on the freeway and drive 70 mph, the rpm will be about 3000. When I go over 70 mph, the rpms will go over 3000 and then the battery and brake lights will come on (flashing). I can also duplicate this when driving at lower speeds in city traffics, when I press on the gas, the rpms will rev above 3000 to 4000, and then the battery and brake lights will start flashing, until the rpms go down below 3000. I think it's having difficulty finding the right gear? I'm just confused by the flashing battery and brake lights and the rpms. I'm not a car expert, as you can tell. Any help would be appreciated!

2CarPros-Archives

November, 10, 2010 AT 1:29 AM

Check the alternator to make sure it is functioning properly, especially at the rpm range where you experienced the problem.

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250