WONT START BUT WHEN IT DOES THERES NO THROTTLE RESPONSE IT JUST STAYS IN IDLE MODE... ANY IDEAS?

1996 Mitsubishi Pajero

ube15

April, 2, 2012 AT 7:33 PM

I drove from nottingham to exeter(220miles)and she was as sweet as a nut the next day she started up 1st turn and ran for 3 or 4 miles then "hiccupped" then she drove for another 500 yard then she died I changed the fuel filter changed the o rings on the induction housing and freed up the large butterfly valve which was seized open I also serviced the egr valve. Now with a lot of turning and a whiff of easy start you can just get her going (tickin over only) and when she ticks over she sounds lovely. After about 10 mins of tickling the throttle she`ll start to rev and again she sounds sweet but the revs dont come easy you put your foot down and they very slowly pick up but theres not enough power to drive it anywhere

April, 4, 2012 AT 3:04 AM

Check the exhaust system for restriction, fuel pressure if its within specs, and test the throttle position sensor-

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right