1996 Lexus ES 300 Help 2

• 6 POSTS
  • 1996 LEXUS ES 300

No codes are popping up. The machine is saying error on some and others no data pops up. Now in November 2012 we did put 2 o2 sensors a knock sensor on the Lexus it rain fine for awhile then I guess around march I was driving it stopped to the store got back in and it didn't want to start it took me about 30 mins if raising the engine and restarting it giving it gas before out of no where I started here and she stayed on and was able to move with no problems.

Monday, July 22nd, 2013 AT 9:11 AM

All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can ONLY be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem isn't present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That's what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

Once you have determined which of these functions has dropped out,
you will know which system is having the problem.

Monday, July 22nd, 2013 AT 9:39 AM