1996 HONDA CIVIC POWER LOSE AT MID RANG

• Georgejr4242
  • 1996 Honda Civic
  • manual

Yes hello I just replaced my head on my d16y8 and there was a couple problem like it was like skipping and what not. So I bought new spark plugs and that seemed to clear it up but a week with them in now it seems to coke out around 4 grand to 6 grand then takes off like a rocket. It does do it some time at a stand still if I press the gas really hard it will like chock its self out. My motor is a vtec motor and its not ingageing either. And it does I guess burn oil still I don't understand y that is the head is brand new and just by looking down into the block the piston and the sleeves look gd like brand new still. I have replace the fuel pump fuel filter and I got used fuel injectors also, and a distribator and fuel pressure regular. Please I don't know where to start on next I'm not sure but I'm thinking maybe a bad spark or something. And I do smell the oil burning too.

Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 AT 1:24 PM

• hmac300

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure with a gauge auto parts rent the gauge

Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 AT 7:34 AM