HUMMING NOISE

1996 Honda Accord

zemorzemor

August, 6, 2013 AT 8:52 AM

What can causes a humming sound when only put car in gear.I jacked up the the front car and put car in gear when I push gas pedal the wheel turns and hear humming sound coming from the engine. The transmission fluid is red color and in level.I checked the power steering pump, the alternator and the distributor the sound is not coming from there and I checked the wheel bearing too I used the screwdriver to hear if there is any noise nothing. The front and rear motor mount are bad could it be the engine vibration vibrate the car body because of bad motor mount or what could be the reason for the humming noise

Thank you

hmac300

August, 6, 2013 AT 9:32 AM

Have your wheel bearings and axles checked may be a bad wheel bearing.

August, 6, 2013 AT 9:32 AM

Unless you are able to tell us the source of the noise, we can't help much because the possibilities are vast.

zemorzemor

August, 6, 2013 AT 5:00 PM

I jacked up the front wheels and took off the wheels. I stated the car and put it in drive I noticed that the passenger brake rotor tried to rotate but stops its likes its hesitates to rotate. And I hear a clucking sound from the passenger side wheel when I put the car in gear and release the brake pedal

Thank you

August, 6, 2013 AT 5:27 PM

The clicking noise could be from the CV innner joints or ball joints.

Check the brake caliper for sticking.

zemorzemor

August, 6, 2013 AT 6:30 PM

Should both front wheel spin the same speed when they are jacked up?

August, 7, 2013 AT 5:35 AM

August, 7, 2013 AT 5:36 AM

Not necessarily but shoud, not be much difference if the brakes are not sticking

zemorzemor

August, 10, 2013 AT 9:15 PM

What is the symptoms of bad inner cv joint

August, 10, 2013 AT 10:10 PM

Usually you would get vibrations under slight acceleration at between 35-50 mph. A singular crock noise might be emitted if you engaged forward and then reverse gears with brakes applied.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Dodge Ram
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus