Both turn signals not working, but hazard signal DOES WORK. Do I need to replace FLASHER unit?

CHRISTYRACE88
  • 1996 FORD THUNDERBIRD
Both turn signals are NOT working, but the hazard signal DOES WORK. I have replaced the fuse for turn signal, but it did not correct the problem. My instinct is that the FLASHER unit may need to be replaced, but since the hazard signal works, I am not certain. From what I have read, the Flasher unit in the '96 Thunderbird is a mult-function unit which controls both the turn signals and hazards. So. If hazards are working, it doesn't make sense that the unit is failing. What do you think? Am I correct about the "multi-function" of the flasher? Is it possible to have that the flasher could work for the hazards, but not the turn signals? HELP ME TROUBLE SHOOT! PLEASE!
Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 AT 8:11 PM

FIXITMR
That's plenty of miles on the MFS and/or flasher unit.
Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 AT 8:46 PM
CHRISTYRACE88
Am I correct the MFS is a "multifunction" unit that controls BOTH the turn signals and hazard signal?
Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 AT 9:07 PM
CADIEMAN
Look at the fuse panel are any flashers there? The 1 with the yollow bands is the signal flasher. The 1 with the green strips is the 4 way flasher. Call the dealer and get a price on this multi funcion unit then u will know.
Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 AT 9:19 PM