I have a 1996 Ford Taurus and recently yesterday.

ANONYMOUS
  • 1996 FORD TAURUS

I have a 1996 ford taurus and recently yesterday I left in the morning to go to work to start my car and it took me 3 times trying to start it once I got it started it ran fine all the way to work. When I left for work later on that day I went to start it and the same thing happend it didnt turn over the first time but the second time it did but I noticed the dash light on my radio came on very slowly and took a bit for it to get totally bright. I messed with it later on that day cleaning the terminals and checking the connectors and even the fuse box to see maybe if that was the problem, when I went to start it after that I still ran into the same problem but this time I noticed the rpm's didnt even read when it turned over and took about 30 seconds to engage and started bouncing back and forth. Now this morning I went to go try and turn it over and it turned twice and then stopped now I have nothing even when I turn the key no lights no clicking and no even the car trying to turn over I reckecked the battery and the connectors and they are fine. Also when I went to lock it and set the alarm my horn will beep pretty loudly and now when I set it its barley even honking. I am going to go down and have my battery checked to see if it is good if the battery is good what else could it be?

Sunday, October 28th, 2012 AT 7:01 PM

ASEMASTER6371

Have the battery checked first. It may be a s simple as that

Sunday, October 28th, 2012 AT 7:04 PM