NO START. TURNS OVER. BUT NO START.

1996 Ford F-150

mike ford

May, 11, 2012 AT 3:31 AM

Help? I am having problems with my 1996 f-150. 5.8. I have had two shop work on it. They replaced the back fuel pump, pump assembly, tank, fuel fiter, coil pack, distributor, cap and rotor, ECM, fuses. My fuel goes from the back tank to the front tank

promechanic

May, 11, 2012 AT 3:47 AM

They need to see if there is the right amount of fuel pressure, then they need to see if it's getting spark, then they need to make sure it has compression.

These are the first basic checks.

mike ford

May, 11, 2012 AT 4:07 AM

Thanks. For the reply. But I think the shop did check those things out. Because When I pickand ed ot up. I ran real well. Better then it has evere ran. It just once I get it home and go to start it again it will nit start. Then the shop either resets the ecm or something and it starts. I just replaced the ecm today. Because they told me it was the computer. Now it it doing the same thing. But thnks for the addvice. It means alot. They will just haVE TO TOW IT BACK TO THEM (SHOP ) AND TRY TO FIX IT AGAIN. I HOPE! THANKS

mike ford

May, 11, 2012 AT 4:08 AM

SORRY FOR MY SPELLING. BUT I AM NOT WELL AND IT SOMETIME HARD TO TYPE FOR ME.

May, 11, 2012 AT 11:34 PM

Did you have the new pcm flashed? It will never run unless this is done. It would be like a computer without an operating system.

Put back the old pcm, and you need a better shop to properly diag it for you.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right