BATTERY DIED THIS MORNING BECAUSE I LEFT THE ...

1996 Dodge Ram

Anonymous

October, 26, 2012 AT 7:33 PM

Battery died this morning because I left the lights on. I turned them off and shut off radio among a few other things. I left sit for a little while and came back. When I tried to start it fired up and I let sit for about 15 minutes. I then shut the truck off and tried turning it back on. It started but then stalled right out. I tried again but this time giving it gas. It ran as long as my foot was on the gas peddal but then stalled when I took my foot off. I can get it to idle but its really low and like I said the first time I started the truck it seemed fine. I have no idea what it could be. I was thinking maybe alternator.

caradiodoc

October, 26, 2012 AT 8:10 PM

Alternator? You have a much easier solution than that. Go out and drive it.

The Engine Computer lost its memory and has to relearn "minimum throttle" before it will know when it must be in control of idle speed. It also might not give you the normal "idle flare-up" to 1500 rpm when you start the engine. To meet the conditions for the relearn to take place, drive at highway speed with the engine warmed up, then coast for at least seven seconds without touching the brake or gas pedals.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right