1996 Dodge Dakota Misfire cylinder

ARENASROJAS1997
  • 1996 DODGE DAKOTA
  • RWD
About two weeks ago I did a tune up I changed plugs, wires, distributor cap, pcv valve, distributor rotor oil change, I seafoamed the has tank, oil, and vacume line, two weeks later it starys misfiring and the only way to temporarly get it to stop from misfiring for two or three days is by seafoaming the vacum line then it stops misfiring and check rngine light turns off but then two or three days later same issue and notice a bit of oil smell wen I seafoamed it again, what are the probable causes of this misfire? There is no idiling only misfires wen I drive
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 AT 4:09 PM

You have to scan for codes as it can be any sensor plus other things, it's not that easy. Check your fuel pressure with a gauge though it may be low fuel pressure and look for a vacuum leak like a broken hose/cracked etc. With these it's best to have apro diagnose it as they are hard to find. Auto parts rent pressure gauge should be 44-54 psi at idle. If auto parts picks up a code get back to us
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 AT 4:46 PM