SPIDER FUEL INJECTOR

1996 Chevrolet Truck

Blaise1986

June, 26, 2011 AT 2:13 AM

1996 Chevy K1500 350 Vortec 4x4
I think there is something wrong with the spider fuel injector. The truck starts but as soon as it does it revs up to about 2500-3000 rpm and then back down, then cuts off. The injector moves up and down when I press the gas. It goes down so far that the clips on plug that sits on top are busted up and only one clip works. Both sides don't go down the same amount. One side goes as far as it can, and the other only half way. The one that only moves half way moves up and down. The other doesn't. It only moves down and then stay there. When someone presses the intake down and holds it there it starts and stays running. It idles above 2000 rpm though.

June, 26, 2011 AT 2:26 AM

The injectors should stay in place when you throttle it-not moving up and down-best inspect what's going on-could be O-rings. Also pressing down on the intake makes it starts and idles-could be a vacuum leak due to the manifold is not sealed properly causing the high idle-

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8